|The first part of your shower is usually
cold and this cold water is being lost down the drain?
You can save this cold water easily!
Every time you wait for hot water to come through the hot water tap, the
cool water running out first is wasted down the drain.
Most households do not have a hot water system located close to each tap and
therefore it takes time for the hot water to travel through the pipes and
arrive at the hot tap. While you are not using the hot water tap, the water
in the pipes cools down, so the next time you run the hot water tap, this
cool water needs to be pushed through the pipes before the hot water
arrives. This cool water is called Redwater™ and is usually
lost down the
This Redwater can be saved by installing a
What is a Redwater™ Diverter?
It is a valve that diverts the redwater / cool water, before it reaches the
tap, to either a rainwater tank, a storage tank, a garden, a pool or to
No electricity – means, no
ongoing costs, no new wiring to new locations, no wastage of energy from
pumps or heat loss in recirculating pipes. It only requires some plumbing
for the installation and is sustainable.
- Versatile options for use of saved water.
- Usable with any hot water system in any location, so
you have the choice.
- No need to change the way you live, just use the hot
tap whenever you like.
- It is compact and simple, easy to retrofit into
- Easy to install in a new building / construction.
The Redwater™ Diverter was invented in Australia and is
patented in Australia, New Zealand, USA and South Africa.
The Redwater™Diverter valve has been designed in the
interests of energy efficiency, and the environment.
- Uses no electrical devices in the form of pumps,
elements, solenoids, timers or the like
- Obtains near 100% water recovery
- Is suitable for retrofit and new installation
- Once installed does not require you to take action
before using the hot tap to operate
- Compliments other water saving products and systems
Amount of Water saved.
Research has shown that an average household using the Redwater™ Diverter
system can save around 16 000 litres of their potable water annually. Even
more if you have a bigger household.
The Redwater™ Diverter can be installed in a
number of places. For optimum water saving, The Redwater™ Diverter should be
installed in the areas that you use the most hot water.
- Kitchen sink – where the hot water is used regularly
throughout the day
- Bathroom – Can be installed in a way to service
multiple fixtures such as the shower or the basin, or for the shower only.
A Redwater™ Diverter can be installed upstream from any
fixture where hot water is required.
How the system works: